The governor of Yobe State and national chairman of the APC Caretaker/Extraordinary Convention Planning Committee, CECPC, Mai Mala Buni, has approved a template to accommodate aggrievedmembers of the party in Kano.
In a 4-page letter forwarded to the two factions led the state governor Abdullahi Ganduje and the senator representing Kano Central, Ibrahim Shekarau, the party appointed the governor of Zamfara State, Bello Matawalle, former speaker of the House of Reps Yakubu Dogara and Senator Abba Ali to supervise the harmonisation of the party structures and consensus.
According to the harmonisation template, “a bottom-top caucus” will be constituted at each of the 44 local government areas of the state.
“From the totality of the above conclusions, each side, taking into cognizance it’s strength, was tasked to articulate its position on how harmonization of party executives at all levels can be done in order to bring the two sides together as one family thereby achieving genuine and sustainable reconciliation.
“The two sides were reminded of the fact that genuine reconciliation can only be attained by compromise. Meaning that none of the two sides can have 100% of its demands and that you cannot lack what you give, you only lack what you keep.
“Having taken all issues into consideration and in the overall interest of our Kano State Stakeholders and entire membership of our great party, the party resolves to direct as follows:
“To widely consult with the identified critical stakeholders of the party with a view to coming up with an all-inclusive party structure based on CONSENSUS.
A bottom-top Caucus shall be constituted at each Local Government Area. The Caucus shall have the following as members:
a) Serving Senator, if he is from the Local Government
b) Serving Member, House of Representatives, if he is from the Local
c) Serving Member, State House of Assembly, if he is from the Local
d) Serving Council Chairman and his Deputy
) Hon. Commissioner from the Local Government
f) Special Advisers from the Local Government
g) Member of CECPC from the Local Government
i) Hon. Minister from the Local Government
j) One woman to be nominated by His Excellency in due consultation with Sen. Ibrahim Shekarau
TERMS OF REFERENCE OF THE CAUCUS
1. Each Local Government Caucus will meet and come up with a proposed structure for all Wards and Local Governments.
2. The proposed structure will be forwarded to the joint National/State Committee for final vetting or amendment as the
case may be.
3. All Caucus members are RESTRICTED to only their Local
4. The National/State Joint Supervisory Committee reserves the right
to adopt or amend any proposal submitted to it by the Local
5. The National/State Joint Supervisory Committee has the following
i H.E. (Dr) Abdullahi Umar Ganduje
ii. Sen. Ibrahim Shekarau
il. HE. Bello Muhammad Matawalle
iv. Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara
V. Sen. Abba Ali
6. The Committee will sit in Kano State and will have 7 days within which to complete and submit its report.
7. The State Supervisory Committee is to be headed by H.E (Dr) Abdullah Umar Ganduje, the Executive Governor of Kano State, who is the party leader and to be assisted by Sen Ibrahim Shekarau.